Only one Swedish horse and rider have won the Grosse Preis in Aachen before, in modern times – Jan Brink and Björsells Briar. But today the historical victory went to Tinne Vilhelmson Silfvén and Don Auriello, who beat Isabell Werth and Don Johnson in the Freestyle.
– I’m so happy. Anton really went along with me today, Tinne says on the phone.
During the five star competition in Aachen this weekend Tinne Vilhelmson Silfvén and Don Auriello was placed second in the Grand Prix on Saturday. They weren’t far behind the winner of the day, Isabell Werth and Don Johnson. Tinne and “Anton” scored 75.920% and Isabell and Don Johnson 76.300%.
Cold winds making summer seeming to be very far away in Hammarö where the Swedish Championships in both dressage and jumping are held this weekend. Lövsta rider Caroline Darcourt and Paridon Magi did their first round today in the Grand Prix.
– I’m very happy with my result of 68% and the fact that we qualified for the Freestyle on Sunday, says Caroline.
She also got a nine for the two tempi changes.
– It’s the first time I get a nine in a Grand Prix-program, so I’m very happy with that as well.
29 horses and riders started today and the competition was really tough.
In the show jumping ring another Lövsta rider won her class – Stella Röhlcke and Holliday KLG won the second qualifier for the Swedish Championships for junior riders. They’re in second place for tomorrow’s final.
Tinne’s first words when we reach her after the Freestyle in Odense is “Soaked”. The wind and rain continued today and the condititions for the competitors were really rough. Despite that, Tinne is very happy.
– Benetton Dream FRH 1301 scored a personal best in the freestyle and we were placed second today as well. I’ve had a really good weekend with him. He has been really nice and rideable the entire time, despite the weather conditions, says Tinne.
Tinne Vilhelmson Silfvén and Benetton Dream FRH 1301 at an earlier competition.
The Lövsta teams Tinne Vilhelmson Silfvén/Benetton Dream FRH 1301 and Caroline Darcourt/Paridon Magi are in Odense this weekend, competing at a three star competition. Today they rode the Grand Prix, in full storm with rain pouring down and strong winds. It’s the first competition since Florida for the stallion Benetton Dream FRH 1301.
– Benetton has been magic to ride this weekend. I’m so pleased he is developing quicker than I could ever have hoped for. He still needs to get some practice and it’s been very good for him to compete under tougher circumstances, like here. We had to expensive mistakes when he was a bit frightened, but we recieved eights for the piaffe, passage and one tempi changes, says Tinne.
Mistakes aside, they still got 71.400% from the main judge and ended up scoring a total of 69.420%. Enough to reach second place today, just after Danish rider Daniel Bachmann and Blue Hors Loxana, who won at 70.000% sharp,
Caroline Darcourt and Paridon Magi competing in Wellington, Florida.
Caroline Darcourt started just after Tinne with her Paridon Magi.
– Magi did a super job. I failed at the backwards rein, but otherwise we did really well, despite the weather, says Caroline.
They scored 68.020% and finished in 6th place. Tomorrow both pairs will go for the Freestyle.