Tinne Vilhelmson Silfvén and Don Auriello, ”Anton”, finished 7th with 81,850 in the Aachen Grand Prix.
– It felt really good, it was fun to ride the new free style programme and Anton felt fine. To ride a new free style is somewhat an adventure. I am really pleased with the horsem especially the fact that he could work for three days in this heat, says Tinne.
Tinne Vilhelmson Silfvén made both Swedish and personal record in Grand Grand Prix Special with Don Auriello. The result, 79,039, was enough for fifth place in Aachen.
– He felt wonderful today, I am very pleased. I did the proper amount of warm up, people said temperature was 35 degrees Celsius, anyway, it was awfully hot. When temperatures are like these you have to make sure you don´t stay in the sun for too long and that you don´t warm up too much. Everyone had some trouble today, how to get the horse ready for competition in that heat. I felt that my routine from Florida was an asset. Anton was with me today and everything added up perfectly.
For two and a half years, Tinne and Don Auriello, or ”Anton” as he is called, have been riding to the same music and choreography. That is “Who´s Anton”, created by Cees Slings fron Holland. But tomorrow they ride to a whole new programme with a higher degree of difficulty.
– He was really good. It was hot but Anton did his job nicely, says Tinne Vilhelmson Silfvén.
She och Don Auriello rode in to the arena straight after Valegro and Charlotte Dujardin.
– That was an experience in itself.
But Don Auriello did better than Valegro, and Tinne finished 5th with 76,920 while Charlotte finished 6th with 76,900.
– I am pleased, this was a good start for this competition.